What information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information (name, phone number, email).
- Work information (job title, company, location).
- Online/digital information through Google Analytics (pages viewed, blogs read, mobile/computer, contact form submissions). More about online information is below.
- Offline interactions with us (meeting notes, call recordings).
- Billing information (address for service, legal company name).
Providing personal information is optional, but if you choose not to enter personal information, we may be unable to:
- Respond to your queries regarding our services.
- Customise our website to suit your browser or device.
- Tailor our marketing to suit your preferences.
How do we collect this information?
Personal information is collected on our website through four methods.
- Filling in an online form such as a contact form or lead generation form to download our content.
- Emailing us from email addresses found on our website.
- Calling us from numbers found on our website.
- From cookies put in place by our marketing tools. More information about using cookies is included below.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect your personal information:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (like payments).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To carry out advertising and marketing campaigns, offline or online.
Who do we share your information with and why?
We will not share your information with third parties except:
- as required by law,
- as necessary to protect the Company’s interests,
- with service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of the data, or
- in instances that you permit OR in accordance with your consent
We have contracted with third parties that have met industry-standards for security to take in necessary data, to store, transmit and process this transaction securely.
- We’ll NEVER sell your personal information to another organisation for marketing or advertising purposes
What online/digital information do we collect through our marketing tools?
On our website, we have a number of online marketing tools that use a combination of cookies to track what you do on our website and other online interactions.These include:
- Content Management Systems (WordPress). When you fill in forms on our website to contact us, or for other purposes, you may be recorded in WordPress. As a result, we may be able to track your browser activity and link it back to your user profile.
- Google Analytics and Google Adwords Remarketing. These let us build an anonymous list of visitors who have been to our website before. As a result, we can serve you our ads on other websites you’re looking at.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting. This tells us if you’ve seen one of our Google Display ads and then came back to our website another way. This helps us with attributing conversion actions on the website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Tells us your age, gender, potential interests, what you’ve been looking for online.
- Integrated services. This is a fancy way of saying how these tools can combine and analyse all the data above to help us (as advertisers) target more specifically.
For example, with the functionality listed above, we could potentially target an audience that was male, in their 40’s and had visited our website before. We could also see how this group reacts after seeing a display ad on a website and whether it leads to a download or a phone call.
This information is still anonymous. We won’t know your name or address. But we can see a virtual “you”. This combination of data might have been more than you intended to give.
Why do we collect this online/digital information through these tools?
The data collected above is primarily used for research and advertising purposes.
Google Analytics is a tool that we use to analyse visitor behaviour on a website. We analyse what people are doing and we guess why they are doing it. So, over time, changes to the website might be made as a result of that analysis. For example, we see people aren’t filling in our contact form, so we highlight more benefits of working with us or we make the contact form shorter.
The other major reason for collecting this data is for marketing and advertising purposes. We may also use the data to help optimise our websites for search engines (SEO).
How do we control this online/digital information that we’ve been given?
We want to make it clear that you don’t have to give us this information. There are a number of ways to control the cookies on your website browser:
- You can choose not to accept cookies, but please be aware that services you request may not be available because of this. If you delete your cookies or clear your cache, you may be asked to give your consent again. This is because a cookie is usually used to remember the choice you made the first time.
- If you wish to prevent cookies being set before you visit this website (or most other websites) you can set your browser to block cookies. Most browsers allow you to do this in their settings.
- Otherwise, cookie information set on your browser will generally update in some way each time you visit our website. It’s auto-updating based on its parameters.
- If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit the ICO website
How do we keep your data secure?
- We take appropriate steps to maintain our contact information in a secure environment to prevent unauthorised use. Our data processors are bound by contract to do the same.
- Only Herbert Morton staff can access this data through password encrypted logins for each service.
- Any data breaches will be reported to the authorities within 72 hours of us finding out.
How can you access/update/delete/transfer your information?
In terms of the personal information that we have about you (like names, addresses, emails,phone numbers), you have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. You can ask for it to be updated, transferred or deleted. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it updated, transferred or deleted, please contact us at:
We’ll always do our best to keep any personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, emails) we hold about you up to date before we use it.
Changes maybe necessary to this policy to reflect legal or data processing developments.If we change the policy we will provide information on our website so that users can review the changes. Any significantly different use of your data will be communicated to you and you will be able to choose whether you agree to the new usage.